Thursday, December 10, 2009

Patient


Kesabaran ada hadnya. But, how when you deal with your kids? I really really dont like shouting or yelling at my daughter. But, at times, memang menguji kesabaran when dealing with my daughter. I think it’s normal for parents to get angry or frustrated from time to time. Anyway, it’s my goal to the world’s most patient mommy. Haha.


Whenever my daughter throws tantrums or she did massive mess or anything yang sangat-sangat menguji kesabaran, I will follow these below steps ; (mix tips from zenhabits as well)


1. Take your deep breaths and count to 10. To delay your angry temperature to blow out. And at times, I will tell to my daughter “Ok, I count to 10, 1..2..3..). Then, my daughter will quickly stop.
2. Pretends that my mother in law is watching me. Ha ha. When I think that my mother in law is watching me, I will automatically not to overreact or shout to my daughter. It works well for me. :)
3. Think about how a good mother will react. I always think about how patience is my mother. I will automatically change my behavior to be more positive.
4. Think about my daughter is just 3 years old. She is still learning. Thus, I have to be a good guidance. Find new ways to teach her.
5. Take a break from the situation. Leave her for less than 10 minutes. Calm down myself, think back and organize my words and tackle the situation back.

No comments:

Post a Comment